Thanks to the Netherlands’ strong economy, high quality of life, and favorable immigration laws – including generous tax breaks for migrant workers – it is one of Europe’s best countries for employers wanting to hire foreign workers.
- Family Visa
You wish to stay with your family in the Netherlands. You need a residence permit for this. Whether you get a residence permit depends on your situation. It also depends on the family member whom you wish to live with in the Netherlands.
You do not have to submit the application for a residence permit yourself. Your family member can do this for you or contact us to process it for you. Only the family member you are going to live with can sponsor you. You do not have to be married to live with your partner in the Netherlands. You can also apply for a residence permit if you are registered as partners or if you are not married. Your family member does not need to have his own home. After several years with a residence permit to stay with a family member, you may apply for an independent residence permit.
Further information, help, and advice
www.uscispassportsvisa.com team of specialists has over 32 years of experience in immigration services, and has helped millions of people to study and work in countries all over the world.
- Residence Permit extension
Has your residence permit expires! Do you wish to extend your residence permit? What are the conditions? And how does the application procedure work?
Can I extend my residence permit?
The front of your residence permit shows the purpose of stay of your residence permit. Do you have one of the following residence permits? An extension is then not possible.
- Working Holiday Program/ Working Holiday Scheme
- Exchange private organization
- Au pair
- Stay as a trainee or apprentice
- Orientation year for graduates and highly educated persons
- Seasonal work
When can I extend my residence permit?
You can submit an application 3 to 6 months before your residence permit expires. This will give the IND sufficient time to make a decision. In case of a positive decision, your new residence permit will be ready in time.
Do you have a residence permit asylum? You can only submit your application for extension 4 weeks before your residence permit expires.
Do you have a residence permit for which a recognized sponsor is required, such as study or highly skilled migrant? The recognized sponsor (your employer or educational institution for instance) will have to submit the application for the extension of your residence permit or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit for you.
The IND will check whether you still meet the conditions associated with your residence permit. There are certain conditions that apply to everyone. In addition:
- You currently have a valid Dutch residence permit.
- You wish to extend this residence permit with the purpose of stay you now have.
- You have your main residence in the Netherlands.
- Your situation has not changed. These are changes that could be of influence on your right to stay.
- You have a residence permit to stay with your spouse and you are now divorced. This means you no longer meet the conditions of your residence permit. You cannot extend your residence permit except you hire a lawyer in our firm to resolve your case.
- You have a residence permit for work in paid employment; however, you no longer have any work, contact or hire a lawyer to resolve your case on our site.
- Permanent Residence
If you wish to continue to live permanently in the Netherlands, you have to apply for a permanent residence permit through email@example.com. This could be with or without the status of long-term residence Ec.
Becoming a Dutch Citizen:
Do you wish to become a Dutch citizen? There are different ways for this; automatically by birth or acknowledgement, or by means of naturalization or other options available through our contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a passport and/or birth certificate, you may possibly appeal to ‘lack of documentary evidence’. When you apply for naturalization or option, you only apply for the Dutch nationality. Only once you have become a Dutch citizen, you can then request for a Dutch passport or identity document from the municipality or Dutch representation.
Do you wish to apply for asylum in the Netherlands? Asylum is a form of protection. Anyone has the right to apply for asylum. The IND assesses whether a person needs protection.
Permanent asylum residence permits:
You wish to continue to live permanently in the Netherlands. You can apply for a permanent residence permit. What are the conditions for this residence permit? And how does the application procedure work?
Long-term resident EC
Having a residence permit as a long-term resident EC allows you to apply more easily for a residence permit in one of the other EU countries that also have this residence permit. You do have to meet the conditions that that country has for a residence permit. When you apply for a permanent residence permit, the IND will also check if you meet the conditions for a residence permit as long-term resident EC. Do you already have a permanent residence permit? You can also apply for the permit as a long-term resident EC. You then again submit an application for permanent stay.
- You already have a temporary asylum residence permit for 5 years.
- You still meet the conditions for a temporary asylum residence permit.
- Do you have a temporary asylum residence permit as a family member traveling in connection with family reunification? The IND calls this a derived asylum permit. In that case there is the following condition: You have had a continuous stay of 5 years in the Netherlands before submitting your application for permanent stay. This means that you have not stayed outside the Netherlands for more than 6 months within these 5 years, or in total more than 10 months. Do you wish to apply for the residence permit as long-term resident EC? This is only possible if the family member you are staying with also has or has applied for the residence permit as long-term resident EC.
- You are registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP) in your place of residence (municipality). You do not have to show this. The IND checks if you meet this condition.
- You have a valid residence permit up and till the IND makes a decision on your application.
- You have passed the civic integration examination or you are exemptand do not have to take this exam.
- Do you wish to get the residence permit as long-term resident EC? You must have a sufficient independent long-term income.
Further information, help, and advice
ktravelhome team of specialists has over 32 years of experience in immigration services, and has helped millions of people to study and work in countries all over the world.