If you travel frequently, you may be eligible to buy second passport online.
That’s not a replacement, renewal or extension, but a second valid passport. There are various reasons you might need one; some visas can take up to 30 working days to come back to you (see Visas: Access granted), and countries may not allow access to those who have travelled to a “hostile nation”, meaning you don’t want that stamp in your passport.
It’s not something the government shouts about – there is very little information about how to get a second passport on gov.uk, for example – so here is our step-by-step guide on how to apply.
Please note that if you are applying in any exceptional circumstances or seeking a fast track option, it may be worth contacting us to clarify the correct course of action.
1. Check if you are eligible
You must be aged 16 or over and have a valid reason for needing a second passport, though it is not guaranteed that you will be granted one.
The most common applications for a second passport are from frequent business travellers. You will need a letterhead paper from your employer, signed and dated, explaining why you need the document for work. If you are a business owner or self-employed, the letter will need to come from a contractor or colleague. The document does not need to be signed by a British passport holder. Buy second passport online
2. Fill out an application
You can do this by mail.
ktravelhome will have a passport application form – this will be the same form you would use if you were applying for a replacement or renewed passport.
Fill in the rest of the form as normal.
As well as the signed letter from your employer, you will need:
- A countersignature from a non-related individual you have known for at least two years, who works in a recognised profession. This person must be a passport holder
- Two recent passport photos, one of which must be signed by your counter-signatory
Both options will require you to send your current valid passport with your application.
There are three things to note, and we recommend checking with the passport office if you are unsure:
- The service is available overseas. If you urgently need a passport overseas, you will need an emergency travel document, but this is only available if yours is lost, stolen, damaged, full, expired or with HM Passport Office or a foreign embassy.
- It is possible to get a fast-track option – see here for more details – however the process changes in this instance. You will need to pay more for a paper premium service, by email on email@example.com. The digital premium service that is an option online can only be used for passport renewals. .
- There is a way to get the second passport without sending your original one, but it will require you to send your birth certificate and scans of your picture page and any visas.
You will have to pay that is required for a passport of 2000$. The price can vary but it is usually around 2000$ – see the list of fees here. You can pay this by bank transfer ,bitcoin or western union.
The fee is non-refundable, and your application for the passport will always be validated. Buy second passport online