Information about Schengen visas

As of March 9, 2021, all short-term Schengen visa applications must be submitted at VFS Global Service Centres.

Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, the Embassy will only accept visa applications from people who are permitted to travel to Europe under the existing limitations.

How do I apply for a Schengen visa?

To apply for a Schengen visa, please note that only a pre-filled online application form is acceptable. The application form must be printed, signed, and sent to one of the VFS Global Centres.

The visa application must be filed at least 15 calendar days prior to the intended visit (this is the typical processing time) and no earlier than three months prior to the planned visit’s start date.
Individuals seeking a visa must meet the following basic conditions, regardless of the reason for their trip:
Please note that applications that are not complete will not be accepted.

  1. At least two blank visa pages must be included in your travel documents, and they must be valid for three months beyond the expiration date of the visa (original and copy);

2. A passport-sized photograph (taken within the last six months);

3. An insurance policy valid in Schengen countries with coverage of at least EUR 30,000 for the entire duration of your stay.
4. Application type Please keep in mind that only the pre-filled online application form will be authorized. The application form is available here: APPLICATION FORM ONLINE.

5. Application forms must be printed, signed and delivered to the VFS Global Centre by the due date indicated on the application form.

  1. Documents allowing to assess the applicant’s intention to leave the Schengen area:

6.1. Proof of a confirmed return ticket to the United Kingdom or to the country of final destination;

6.2. Last three months’ bank statement in the name and address of the applicant, demonstrating that he/she has sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay as well as sufficient means for his/her return to the United Kingdom, or to his/her country of origin, or for transit to a third country to which he/she is certain to gain admission.

If the applicant is financially supported by his/her spouse (e.g. if the applicant does not work him/herself), please also provide a marriage certificate and the bank statements of the spouse.

Please note that cash is not accepted as proof of sufficient funds.

6.3 General Employment:

Current, official, signed letter from employer (letterhead with signer’s name, position and date issued, address, current phone number, and registration number at United Kingdom) and/or pay stubs for the last three months.

6.4 Self-employment:

Letter from an accountant, bank, or attorney (official letter with header, name, date of issue, address, current telephone number and position of signer, and registration number at United Kingdom) stating self-employment or ownership of a business in United Kingdom.
Letter from Internal Revenue Service.
6.5. students:

Current, official, and signed letter from the school, college, or university United Kingdom indicating date of issue, applicant’s name and type of study, and the number of hours of instruction per week and attendance record 7. Airport Transit.

Visa or entry permit and confirmed tickets for onward travel to the final destination country.

  1. additional documents to be submitted depending on the purpose of the trip

8.1 Business

An invitation from a company or government agency to attend meetings, conferences, registration certificates, or events related to trade, industry, or labour.
Other documents evidencing the existence of trade or labour relations.
Admission tickets or registrations to trade fairs and congresses.
8.2. studies or vocational training

a certificate of enrolment at an educational establishment (school, university, college, etc.) for the purpose of attending vocational or theoretical courses in the context of education or training;
student card or certificate attesting to the courses to be attended.
Documentation for accommodation or proof of sufficient means for accommodation.
8.3. tourism

Confirmed hotel booking for the entire stay in the Schengen area or any other appropriate document showing the planned accommodation, ora booking confirmation for a European trip or any other appropriate document.
8.4 Private visit (family, friends)

Documentation of accommodation or proof of sufficient means to cover the cost of such accommodation.
Copy of the data page of the passport or residence permit of the host in the Member State, if staying with one.
Proof of family ties

Categories: Uncategorised


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »
Select your currency
EUR Euro
error: Content is protected !!